Car is King Weekend 2023 – Concours De Maryhill
This event is FREE TO ATTEND on museum grounds for spectators! All vehicle makes, models and years are welcome to be displayed at the Concours de Maryhill, with an opportunity to win a trophy in one of 29 classes plus Sam Hill’s Choice. The Concours runs from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Registration starts at 8 a.m. and is $25 per vehicle. For more information or to pre-register your vehicle, visit the Goldendale Motorsports Association event page.
Drive the Maryhill Loops Road | Noon to 2 p.m.
The historic Maryhill Loops Road, one of the first modern roads in the Northwest, is opened for automobiles only twice a year. This is your chance to take a spin past the beautiful scenery and through the road’s eight hairpin curves. Free on the historic Maryhill Loops Road, located just east of US 97 off of State Route 14.
Organized by Goldendale Motorsports Association
- Visit Maryhill Museum of Art from 10 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Spectators must purchase admission to the Museum; vehicle registrants receive up to 2 free admission passes per entry.
- Drive up the historic Maryhill Loops Road from 12:00 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- See Maryhill Loops Vintage Hillclimb Association’s vintage hillclimb race cars display from 12:00 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Bid on items in a silent auction at the Concours including local wines, motor oil, $150 Les Schwab gift certificates, restaurant gift certificates, ratchet straps and more.
- Purchase event t-shirts ($20).
- Buy raffle tickets for the drawing at 2:30 PM. The Grand prize is a flat screen SmartTV.
- Purchase food from onsite vendor Taqueria Veracruz, serving breakfast burritos and coffee from 8 a.m. until sold out, and authentic Mexican food lunch items until 3:30 p.m.
Schedule of Events
8:00 a.m. – Vehicle registration begins; Silent auction begins; Raffle ticket sales begin. Prizes raffled throughout the day. Grand Prize: Flat Screen Smart TV winner announced after awards ceremony.
9:00 a.m. Concours de Maryhill opens to the public.
10:00 a.m. Maryhill Museum of Art opens to the public.
12:00 p.m. – Maryhill Loops Vintage Hillclimb Association (MLVHA) racers arrive; Open Show ballots due at Registration table.
12:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. – Maryhill Loops Road open to drive. Save your show spot and return after the drive (put out a lawn chair or borrow a traffic cone).
The historic Maryhill Loops Road, located just east of US 97 off State Route 14, is one of the first modern roads in the Northwest. It is open for automobiles just twice a year. This is your chance to take a spin past the beautiful scenery and through the road’s eight hairpin curves.
1:30 p.m. – MLVHA Race Car voting ballots due at Registration table
2:30 p.m. – Silent Auction ends (must be present to win)
3:00 p.m. – Awards Ceremony begins (trophy parade)
3:30 p.m. +- – Grand Prize TV raffle winner announced.