Maryhill Museum of Art’s permanent collection has been built through generous donations by those who would like to share their treasures with others. Your gift will ensure that current and future visitors to the museum experience the power of art.
The following criteria are considered when the museum is presented with a potential acquisition:
- The object or collection comes with clear title and is legal and ethical to acquire;
- The object or collection fits the museum’s present mission;
- The object or collection is unique and significant;
- The object is appropriate for use in permanent and temporary exhibits;
- The museum can care for the object or collection according to professional standards;
- The object or collection is free of encumbrances or undue restrictions;
- The object or collection does not duplicate existing objects or seem better suited to another institution.
If you have an artwork you would like to offer as a possible donation to the museum, please contact our Curatorial Department by email or by post for more information about the process.
Please note: Because we have a small staff, we regret that we cannot accommodate drop-in visits; if you contact us via email or US mail, we will be back in touch with you.
Maryhill Museum of Art
35 Maryhill Museum Drive
Goldendale, WA 98620
Phone: 509.773.3733 ext. 27.
Gifts for the Stewardship of Art
Maintaining great art that is hundreds, and sometimes thousands of years old, requires care. You can support stewardship of the museum’s collection through gifts that:
Support storage. Maryhill stores nearly 85% of the works from its collection at any given time. Proper care is essential.
Support conservation. Works of art require expert care and repair.
Protect exhibitions of the collection. Exhibitions require security, lighting, displays, temperature and humidity control.
Gifts for the Purchase of Art
Funds supplied by donors help shape and improve Maryhill’s collection. In the last few years the museum has purchased, through the generosity of donors, several important works of art.
For more information on gifts to support the purchase of art, please call 509 773-3733 or contact the Development Office.